On Nov 3, 10:52 am, Jade <jadeo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm the author ofhttp://jadeohlhauser.com/2008/c_vs_v/where I
> explain why I prefer Cornerstone. Since then Cornerstone has recently
> released a major update that addressed many of the shortcomings. In
> other words, the better Mac SVN client got even better.

But it took a long time.  Cornerstone has not been exactly cranking
out updates either.

I recently downloaded Cornerstone to compare against Versions.
Cornerstone is a nice, polished product, but I think Versions has the
better UI.  Cornerstone is also larger on disk, takes more memory to
run and is more expensive than Versions.  Having said that, there are
definitely some things I liked better in Cornerstone, but not enough
to make me switch from Versions... Yet.

It's disappointing that there does not seem to be a sense of urgency
from Sofa with regard to some of the "show stopper" bugs that some
Versions users are experiencing.  It's fine to say that they are
working hard on a whole bunch of updates and improvements, but I think
most people would prefer that critical issues get fixed ASAP.

As I've said in another post, and others have said here, I can no
longer recommend Versions to colleagues and feel a little embarrassed
for doing so to some others.

Add to this the rising popularity of decentralized version control
systems such as Git, Mercurial, and Bazaar...  It makes me consider
dropping SVN altogether.

--
Kevin Powick