Sorry...I use a vacuum sealer- Cabela's Gamesaver Turbo. 
Too many wasted and yukky fish freezing the old ways. 
Has paid for itself in providing tasty fish 6 months later.
 
You should see if you could get some oxygen and water adsorbers from a food-service packager, and put them in the bags.  Our vfb chemists should be able to help out.
 
DonO
 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 6:48 PM
Subject: [VFB] Freezing fish

Folks: My parents always put fish in water and froze them.. My wife's family always just put them in Zip Locks" and froze them, but I say that makes em freezer burn fast, but My wife says putting them in water makes the flesh mushy..So, we compromise, and take a coffee stirrer, and suck out as much air as possible in the Zip Locks"...(Cause I can't afford a pro food vacuum sealer)..How do ya'll freeze fish??? Thanks in advance, Chuck
 
And I have Miles To Go Before I Sleep....
And Miles To Go Before I Sleep................
                                   Robert Frost.............

Reply via email to