On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 22:31:53 +0100, Andrew Baron <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I didn't read the terms, but however philanthropic it may be, asking
> people to sign away
> perpetual rights to their content, especially without even having a
> conversation, is about
> as extreme as it gets in terms of "taking advantage" and it certainly
> "feels" gross to even
> think about.

I'm with you. Words like "perpetual" and "irrevocable" should always set
off warning lights for any potential users.

Not to mention that kind of wording is incompatible with many uses of CC
licensed material. Say I find a song licensed as by-nc. I say "cool, I'll
use that in my video". Then I upload to YouAreTv and I've already given
away rights for the song that were not mine to give away! That's...
counterproductive.

- Andreas