I think what I'm still not quite getting - and what Rupert and Brook
and Verdi have addressed - is why getting paid is such an important
outcome?  Is it compensation for dealing with the haters?  Or is it to
give the work some kind of palpable worth that it doesn't have
otherwise?  Certainly (street) performers have existed throughout the
ages, playing for change, never making enough to live on, often doing
it just for the love - is that all you want, some recompense - or are
you talking about being able to live off this?

I have to say - as much as I did find much to respond to in
Information Dystopia, especially the first portion, (spoiler alert!)
the request for money at the end made me feel like I had just watched
an ad.  Like an infomercial almost.  I was disappointed by the
attachment of money to it, which seemed rather counter to the message
in the rest of the video.  But maybe I just need to watch it again.