--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "David King" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> YOu said: "And they had demands. They wanted me to make videos like
my old
> videos. They wanted me to make videos like my new videos. They were
> saying I had lost it... I felt burned out and I stopped making videos."
>
> I think that's the problem. What do you want to do? Make money? Then
by all
> means, try appeasing the masses and make the videos THEY want you to
make.

> Or are you making videos because it's your hobby/your art/your
> punk-rock-statement? Then you are making videos for YOU. IF others
watch,
> well then - that's dandy. But the enjoyment is in the MAKING - not
in the
> money.
>
> And that's my goal - to have fun (which I am).
>
> David King
> davidleeking.com - blog
> davidleeking.com/etc - videoblog

David, it's great to have fun.  My first year of online video, I was
doing it for an audience that grew from 30 to about 200.  But then my
audience suddenly swelled (thanks to youtube feature) and my inbox was
filled with hate mail and love letters.  I was no longer doing it for
a small cozy circle of people who were with it.  It felt like I was on
a big stage.  And this rowdy bunch was very vocal about exactly what
they wanted.  What's the fun in that?

What could I do?  I could try to go backwards and get rid of my
audience.  Or I could find an alternative narrative.  Define my own
terms.  And that's what I'm doing with this new video.

And I know I am arguing with myself here.  I'm explaining the personal
circumstances that led up to the creation of "Information Dystopia".
The video is really about something bigger.

I'll forward it to you.  But you can just use the link someone posted.

- [EMAIL PROTECTED] -