panshizhu wrote:
As far as I know, Windows does not support files larger than
4GB. So its okay to use unsigned 32-bit for filesize in
windows.

It's not as bad as that! Even FAT32 supports files much larger
than 4GB.

The Win32 API includes function _stati64() to get a 64-bit file
size (the API really wants you to use GetFileSize(); _stati64()
is for old timers).

I was envisaging some new Vim script function like:
   islargefile({fname}, {limit})

which would return nonzero if the size of the file is greater
than the 32-bit signed {limit} argument.

On many systems, the calculation could use 64-bit integers.

John