"John Beckett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ε†™δΊŽ 2007-05-23 18:39:22:
> The result was really ugly. The script failed to notice that 3GB
> was large because the Vim function getfsize(f) returned a
> negative number.
>
> I haven't checked getfsize() on 32-bit Linux yet, nor am I
> sufficiently patient to try opening the 3GB file with Vim 7.1.
>
> John

As far as I know, Windows does not support files larger than 4GB. So its
okay to use unsigned 32-bit for filesize in windows. It is not that 32bit
isn't enough, but the fsize should be *unsigned*.

The problem is that vim script can use only *signed* 32-bit int as internel
type, so there might be improvement of vim script engine ―― instead of get
the 64-bit file size.

--
Sincerely, Pan, Shi Zhu. ext: 2606