Hi Dave,

On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 5:36 AM, David Fishburn <dfishburn....@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 8, 2018 at 5:16 PM, Christian Brabandt <cbli...@256bit.org>
> wrote:
>>
>> Oh and I think perhaps including the background make plugin would make
>> sense for a new release.
>>
> I have been using Dispatch.vim (Tim Pope) for this:
> https://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=4504
>
> Is the make plugin different from this?

I have uploaded the asyncmake plugin to github:

https://github.com/yegappan/asyncmake

The plugin starts the program set in 'makeprg' in the background. The
output from the make command is parsed and added to the quickfix list in
the background. It doesn't wait for the make command to complete, the
output is added to the quickfix list as it becomes available. It also
avoids using a quickfix list created by other plugins or the user. This
plugin relies on the new quickfix features added upto Vim 8.0.1040.

- Yegappan