On Fri, Mar 09, 2018 at 08:36:03AM -0500, David Fishburn wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 8, 2018 at 5:16 PM, Christian Brabandt <[1]cbli...@256bit.org>
> wrote:
>
>     Oh and I think perhaps including the background make plugin would make
>     sense for a new release.
>
> I have been using Dispatch.vim (Tim Pope) for this:
> [2]https://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=4504

I've been using asyncrun.vim (https://github.com/skywind3000/asyncrun.vim).
It's nice, but it also has some shortcomings (like if you do a :grep
while a background program is running, the program's output gets
appended to the wrong quickfix list).

Marius Gedminas
--
Apologies for taking up the bandwidth with the apology.  Anything else I
can apologise for ...... er no can't think of anything, sorry about that.