> Erin!
>
>     I stand corrected, you are not from aussie land, only you gal is.
>
>     Still Im sure folks would enjoy the Aussie bug rescue story.
>
> Asad

Thanks for the kind words Asad.  :)  I saw many bay windows Kombis there (as
they call them) with roo bars on them.  Probably more kangaroos there than
there are deer over here.  At anyrate, it was really weird seeing RHD VWs
all over and man did I ever want to take them home.  What a novelty!  I just
can't get used to shifting with the left hand and shoving the gear shift up
and away from me...it doesn't feel right.  Take a look at my pix at
www.nqvw.com/australia and you'll see a 1968 auto-stick that I got to sit
in.  I had a very hard time getting in and out of it because my muscle
memory works only for the driver's side.  It was still neat to see the works
on the left side and the KPH speedo - all those things that are so rare back
home and here they were all over the place.

I always wanted to take a bug or a splitty bus and put BOTH LHD and RHD
workings in it.  Then you would have the ultimate traveling vehicle.
Someone could be driving from either side.  And in the event of a bus, you
could take a nap or get up and walk to the back while your relief driver
came and take over.  You'd have dual pods, dual speedometers, etc.  I think
it's quite doable with just a few minor modifications.

Erin