Raul A. Gallegos
I love my mother, but my feelings for my spot are much greater. - Sheldon Cooper
Twitter and Facebook user ID: rau47

On 5/18/2013 8:07 PM, Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D. wrote:
Thanks for your series of comments, Raul. They're most helpful and much
appreciated.

I'm just curious if Sieghard's suggestion for the pass-through key combination
might somehow have proven helpful to you in the problem you encountered with
the JAWS virtual cursor. I plan to do some more research on this pass through
key combination.

Best, Keith

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Raul A. Gallegos
Sent: Saturday, May 18, 2013 7:41 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: redeeming an iTunes gift card using iTunes in Windows

Hi there Keith and all. The key that was mentioned is the pass-through key in
Jaws, however it is called the bypass key in window eyes. In window eyes the
hot key for this is insert plus B. When the pass-through or bypass hot key is
pressed, it means that the next keystroke you press is seen by the application
as if the screen reader wasn't running. If you try and copy the serial number
from iTunes using window eyes I believe you do not have to use the bypass key.
The reason you might have to do that with Jaws is because Jaws has a keyboard
driver and window eyes does not. This is not a slam on any particular product,
just pointing out the differences. Because of these differences, the user will
have to do things a certain way with one screen reader over the other.

---
Sent from Raul's iPhone - (832) 554-7285. Please excuse any dictation or auto
complete errors.

On May 18, 2013, at 5:36 PM, "Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D."