>From wikipedia::

"Filing by other than inventor: An entity can file an
application on behalf of an inventor who assigned or is under an
obligation to assign the invention rights to the entity (or if the
entity otherwise has financial interest in the invention), without
seeking the inventor's execution of the application. However,

*any patentthat issues belongs to the inventor, absent a written assignment
from the inventor or inventor's estate to the entity*."

It was permitted to file a patent application without an inventor signature
even before the recent AIA changes to the law. It was a little bit harder,
but still possible.

The significance of IH's pursuing patent filings on e-Cat technology goes
to the credibility of their statement saying they have never substantiated
Mr. Rossi's claims. Because if that statement is true, then their filing of
e-Cat technology-based patent applications with the USPTO and the
International Bureau , with knowledge that the tech did not work, would be
something in my book as "wrong." And with possible consequences.

Applicants and their patent attorneys must be candid with the patent
office. If they aren't, there are consequences. If I.H.  has never been
able to substantiate the claims, and publicly state as much in a lawsuit,
and yet you submitted patent applications on those claims, that is a
problem with candor before the USPTO.

Any person who contributed to the conception of the invention must be named
as an inventor. If Mr. Rossi contributed nothing to Brillouin's invention,
then he must not be listed as an inventor, and would have no ownership
interest in it. But if Brillouin derived information through IH from Mr.
Rossi, then there would be a problem (for IH and Brillouin).