From: David Roberson Sent: Monday, April 11, 2016 8:17 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Next Big Future - goes out on a limb

Eric, the fuel is strongly activated by its temperature.  How else would one
explain the thermal run away processes that have been a problem with these
systems forever?  If the outside temperature does not increase by adding more
fuel to the chamber then you are assuming that no additional heat will be
developed within the newly added material when it is subjected to the fixed
temperature and current that initially exists.

So, what would you expect to happen if the fuel is reduced by a factor of 2 at
that initial temperature?  Apparently you are speculating that the temperature
remains the same.  And in the extreme case, what happens when you take out all
of the fuel?  The bottom line is that some function must define the behavior as
the fuel load is varied, hence the COP must vary along with that function.

The only example that I can believe which fits the sensibility test is that COP
is going to change at least in a linear manner with increased fuel loading as
long as the system geometry remains the same.  I am leaving out the interaction
of positive thermal feedback which will likely enhance the COP as fuel is added
to an initially constant temperature chamber to simplify the example.

Consider another problem with the concept that the current is the driving
factor instead of temperature.  Why would the device require such high
temperatures in order to generate energy?  It is not clear that the current
itself is important except for the heat that is associated with that current
flowing through the resistive windings.  In any case I would be extremely
confused to find that the temperature of the device surface would not vary as
the amount of fuel is changed.  No one has ever suggested this effect AFAIK
unless of course that there is no LENR present.  But the assumption is a COP of
1.5 at the beginning of the fuel adjustment phase.

Are you aware of any experiment that has demonstrated what you are proposing?

Dave