From: Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net>
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2018 9:10 AM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: RE: [Vo]:All ICCF-21 Abstracts in one document

Bob,

I was waiting for you to concur, and we both can hope that Biberian will
further pursue the spin coupling angle.

He seems to be silent on taking this finding to the limit – despite it possibly
being the best evidence yet for what is happening in Pd-D. (best ever)

One wonders if the cathode was one from the “hero effort” French experiments
from the days of “La Fusion dans Tous ses États” as it certainly appears to be.
In fact, it could be the hero cathode of all time (~50 watts for 6 months or
thereabouts). That would be a huge story.

At any rate here is another possibility for those who want to keep helium in
the equation:

105Pd + 6Li -> 107Ag + 4He

The alpha particle shows up without the strong gamma – since it and the
transmuted silver would carry away enough spin energy to eliminate the extreme
photon, and everything seems to add up to what Is seen in the isotope analysis
…  other than overcoming the Coulomb barrier using spin and magnetism. The
curious thing here is that deuterium does not enter into the picture ! Wjich
may mean that there are two distinct and separate reactions going on, not one.

BTW 6Li does have a nuclear magnetic moment. The alpha of course has none.

Don’t give up on spin coupling – especially now that there is solid evidence
emerging.

"Vive la France!"

From: bobcook39...@hotmail.com<mailto:bobcook39...@hotmail.com>

Sounds like spin and magnetic fields are important.  Eureka.

I talked with Biberian at ICCF-21 and asked about spin and magnetic fields and
about how magnetic fields change

nuclear resonances and spin energy states.   I think Biberian agrees with the
importance of spin coupling—nuclear to lattice electrons, potentially via a
connecting oscillating magnetic field.

I hope to visit Biberian’s lab in the Fall per invitation.

Bob Cook

From: Jones Beene

There is a most interesting paper by Biberian on page 10 which begins with this
background info:

“In 2001, Stanley Pons gave me a palladium cathode that had produced a lot of
excess heat. The

electrode was 10cm long and 2mm in diameter. It was pure palladium and was used
in an ICARUS 9

calorimeter. The electrode stayed in my drawer for years, until I found a
laboratory that could do

dynamic SIMS (Secondary Ion Mass Spectroscopy). The equipment was a Cameca 4f
machine that

can detect masses of elements with high sensitivity.”

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/ICCFabstracts.pdf<https://nam01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Flenr-canr.org%2Facrobat%2FICCFabstracts.pdf&data=02%7C01%7C%7C003e54e182da4c63fba808d5d38a8a54%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636647514332376078&sdata=C8pp5E%2B3FjDQSqon99lFce5MsGVl3KoyB7HYndNaEM0%3D&reserved=0>

The curious thing is that active areas of the cathode labeled as “hot spots”
contained silver isotopes and furthermore, the silver must have transmuted from
palladium over the course of the gainful runs since the cathode was pure
palladium before “lots of excess heat” was seen.

Most of the transmuted silver was the isotope 107 by a very large margin. The
ratio between Ag-107/Ag-109 was close to 10, whereas in natural silver this
ratio is 1.06.

This could mean with fairly high certainty that the single isotope of
palladium, 105Pd (which is over 22 percent of natural palladium) absorbed or
fused with deuterons to become 107Ag but without subsequent beta decay.

Therefore if we assume for the moment that 105Pd is the active isotope of cold
fusion (there are other possible conclusions but let’s start with this one)
then several things stand out.

First, this is a high spin isotope. Second it has a nuclear magnetic moment. In
fact, this isotope is the ONLY palladium isotope to have a nuclear magnetic
moment and the only high spin isotope and the Larmor frequency seems to be
similar to D. Thus the excess heat and the fusion could have been a product of
spin coupling without subsequent beta decay (so no x-ray signature or residual
radioactivity would be seen).

This is interesting information which - had it come out in 2001 could have made
a difference in the way the field matured.