V,

As I said in the last email, I would do some further
tests on the effect.

Sphere terminal was held at about -100kV max
potential, target strike plate at 0V (grounded).
Strike plate was as before, 4x4" steel plate with 3/4"
hole in center, PVC tube and plexiglass corona shield
over that, holes all lining up as they should.

Air impulse effect is still not present in this
configuration, but is when the plate with smaller 1/4"
hole is used. Not sure what is causing the difference,
as the hole in the plexiglass is always the same,
1/4". Overpressure shouldn't have anything to do with
what is outside the overpressured chamber's walls.
Hmm.

Impulse is felt on pieces of aluminum foil held within
1 foot of the spark discharge, but most strongly
directly in-line with the spark. On opposite side of
sphere, nothing is felt until very close (dangerously
close) to sphere. Then each spark does induce a tiny
mechanical impulse in the foil.

Went back around to front, verified stronger impulse
was still being produced inline with the spark; it
was. With my other hand, I put a metal shield (12"
diameter stainless steel pot lid) between the foil
piece and the 'beam' path. The foil no longer feels
like it is being tapped, but the shield does. So,
whatever this is, again it does NOT pass through metal
objects as Morton claimed.

Placed a very strong donut magnet, obtained from an
old junked magnetron, around the PVC tube, so the
spark would travel through the hole of the magnet,
through the tube, and then hit the strike plate. The
spark repetition rate was increased slightly, though I
suspect this is due to the slight conductivity of the
BaFe magnet itself inducing more corona. No effect on
the impulse, whatever it is, was noted.

Note: just for schitts and giggles, a Geiger counter
was moved around the thing, to see if anything unusual
might register (and subsequently scare the hell out of
me). Nothing did, and all hell did not break loose.

Thoughts?

--Kyle