-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 13:10:41 -0300
> Von: Daniel Rocha <danieldi...@gmail.com>
> An: vortex-l@eskimo.com
> Betreff: Re: [Vo]:Rossi responds to "movie professor" and Peter Ekstrom\'s
> analysis

> Why are you subtracting the in Bologna if it was actually measured there?

no, they measured it a bit away, but still in Bologna. I you want the precise
position, I may tell you that later, I have access to all the historic weather
data. I think it is the airport there. Meteorology was my business for a long
time. Every station transmits the local air pressure and adds the lacking
pressure that comes from local height above sea level. See wikipedia
"barometric formula" for details, its about 1 hPa per 8 m. If every station of
the world would simply transmit local air pressure, you would not be able to
draw the ground pressure charts. All values are sl-values.