Wolf,

With a reactor temp around 600 deg C and the coolant at 120 deg C there is a wide operational margin. As the coolant temp get to 450 deg C it is only 150 deg C below the reactor temp. A lot less fat to play with. I would speculate there is a much higher chance of a runaway and Ni powder meltdown at 450 deg C.

Can't wait to get my hands on a unit and study the dynamics of the energy release / control system even if the home E-Cat systems can't generate steam with a high enough temperature to generate electricity. Never did like the Carnot cycle. Physics is so.....limiting. I do wonder what would happen if I put 2 or more of the home units in series?

AG