Jones,

You appear to have a more in dept concept than I have developed.  Most of my
observations have been at the macro level which are demonstrated by the chart
variables.

I find it intriguing that Celani's LENR output seems to occur in the form of
many individual bursts while most of my earlier thoughts had been that the
material behaved according to some larger scaled system.  When I give serious
consideration to Rossi's device, I realize that his material consists of mainly
fine powder thus that most likely is how it also supplies its output energy.
It now seems unlikely that a coordinated release from literally millions of
grains would occur and that these types of devices probably act similar to a
thermodynamic collection of events.  This sort of behavior is not impossible to
understand, but required us to treat the material as an overall process and we
will not be able to track individual reactions very well.  This is somewhat
similar to the way atoms within a volume generate pressure and exhibit
temperature effects as external work or heat is applied to that system.

I am still attempting to understand exactly how Rossi's powder and now Celani's
wire respond to applied heat.  The function of excess power generated versus
material temperature is of great importance as we make an attempt to control
the operation of these things.   Now I suspect that time domain issues could
further complicate control.

Since I suspect that the overall heat being generated as a result of LENR
activity consists of a very large collection of individual impulses it is
important to have an understanding of how much energy each of the impulses
contain.  Celani's wire suggests that a moderate number of macro bursts occur
in his experiment.  This seems to be in line with the mini explosions that were
observed in the palladium-deuteron experiments I have seen where craters are
formed.  Does anyone know of documentation where scientists have tied the
crater sizes to the amount of energy required to generate them?

Also, it would be interesting for Celani to attach a wide band microphone or
group of them to his device.  I suspect that information can be gathered by
triangulation to locate the active burst points and if lucky their magnitudes
and durations.  The present measurement system has a response time that
responds to heating of the gas and other materials before output can be
observed.  This filtering effect smoothes out fast rise times and impulse
location information.  In Rossi's case, his fine powder would suggest that the
individual size of his impulses would by necessity be very small.  If instead
we determine that the energy released by Rossi's reaction consists of
coordinated tiny regions, then a new interesting process would be implied.

All of these ideas are speculation until the proper data becomes available for
analysis.

Dave