Hi,
[snip]
>Robin, there is only one lower frequency where radiation is not possible and
>that is zero radians per second.  If you believe that some other frequency
>exists that is a threshold how would that be determined?  What in nature would
>separate one frequency from the next so that a well defined chasm is found?

The lower limit is not a limit on frequency. I used the term "lower limit" to
indicate that something special happens with EM radiation when you reach atomic
dimensions. Photons have h_bar angular momentum. If your system can't deliver
that then you can't make a photon.

Essentially all macroscopic systems easily can, however for atoms it becomes
impossible below the ground state. Hence (IMO) the reason for the "ground"
state.

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk