On 1 Feb 2000, Markus R�tter wrote:
> >> of ContactManager? No way, man! :) Let's check it anyway: The variable
> >> is set to "RAM:CManager/CManager". Hmm. That cannot be good. [delete
> >> Although I'd love to know how that value got assigned to this
> >> variable...
> Hot! I once had a test install of Voyager in RAM:. But then again, when I
> installed it properly on my Comm: partition - using the Installer again,
> not simply by copying the files - should I not have been prompted again
> where to put the CM "light" files?
The last few V installers will check env:Vapor/CManager_path. It will
fail and ask the user to intput a new path if:
1. If the ENV is set to ""
2. The length of what CManager_path is less then 9 chars
3. Path to the file is incorrect
4. "CManager" is not the last 8 chars in the setting.
If all that is ok then it should mean that the path to Default.data is
good. And that CManager/Voyager can write to that place.
The only way the V installer could have set the ENV to "RAM:CManager" is
if the user tells it to pick there. The reason that the env is
"RAM:CManager/CManager" is that the ENV points to the program directly and
removes the "/CManager" to find the Default.data file.
I could add a check for Default.data .. but that would cost a lot of
pizzas :)
Robert