There's this on the subject that Martijn posted a little while ago,
http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-Wicket-in-large-scale-production-scenarios--p5374359.html
but maybe someone on the list might have more comments.

The main technical issues are to ensure that you use detatched models
& to try & be careful that you're not inadvertantly holding references
to instances of things that might themselves hold large amounts of
data in your pages.  Of course, it's often not obvious that that's the
case.

I've not tried it myself for a long time, but maybe running the app
under a profiler would help to with checking this particular issue -
must try when I get some spare time...

/Gwyn

--
Download Wicket 1.2.1 now! - http://wicketframework.org