The page hook could be of useful for a submit button but maybe not for a link.

how do you figure?

Perhaps, I'm not sure, but a generic callback mechanism could be added to the Component class, so pre and post processor could be added for the event listener methods (onSubmit(), onClick(), etc).

we already have them and they have all been listed in this thread. i dont think we need more, in fact i think we already have too many.