Lydia thanks! (because I couldn't understand what this thread was
complaining about)

What I would like to have short term is some sort of a gadget that I
can run periodically that will tell me when I personally have created
an item with a label that is the same for at least one other item in
one other language in the database (trying to repair my own doubles
here)
Jane