I agree with Gerard that you only edit your language label in the 'label'
edit box. If the label box is showing the label in a fallback language then
it should be visually different - greyed out and italic for instance or
like the 'edit label in English' text. If a user wants to edit other
language labels then that is what the 'in other languages' boxes are for.

If a fall back language is shown anywhere else then do something similar
and add an 'edit in your language' link.

At least that is what I think.

Joe