Am 21.09.2016 um 19:23 schrieb Eric Scott:
> A substantial amount of work in the LOD community seems to have gone into
> Ontolex:
>
> https://www.w3.org/community/ontolex/wiki/Final_Model_Specification
>
> Is there any concern with aligning WD's model to this standard?

Thanks for pointing to this!

From a first look, the models seem to roughly align:

What we call a "Lexeme" corresponds to a "Lexical Entry" in ontolex.
What we call a "Form" corresponds to a "Form" in ontolex.
What we call a "Sense" corresponds to a "Lexical Sense & Reference" in ontolex,
although in ontolex, a reference to a Concept is required, while in our model
that reference would be optional, but a natural language gloss is required.

So the models seem to match fine on a conceptual level. Perhaps someone with
more expertise in RDF modeling can provide a more detailed analysis.

--
Daniel Kinzler
Senior Software Developer

Wikimedia Deutschland
Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e.V.