And just to point out - even though there are no plans to accommodate the
superstructures in the data model directly, it should be noted that the
current data model already is flexible to have it, i.e. if the community so
wishes they can create Lexemes which represent the "root" of a word like
"produc-" and then explicitly link these with statements from the Lexemes
for "production", "producer", etc. Or not. It could instead try to model it
with statements pertaining the etymology of the words. Or not.

The Wiktionary data model is not supposed to express a specific theory of
linguistics, just as the Wikidata data model is not supposed to express a
specific theory of ontology. It is supposed to be flexible enough to work
with whatever the community decides it wants to express, sometimes even
contradictory statements, and the ability to source them to references.