Yes, that definitively is one promising approach (and I hope that we would
make a rough impact analysis before deciding on it and implementing it,
once the structures and data are there).

I wonder if there are other approaches that are somehow more subtle. But I
cannot express what I am looking for, and maybe yours is already
sufficiently close to optimal.