From: wikimedia-l-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org
[mailto:wikimedia-l-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of Pine W
Sent: Thursday, 03 September 2015 10:51 PM
To: Wikimedia Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wiki Loves Monuments] Wiki Loves Monuments in Italy
largely blocked by WMF fundraising

I just want to respond to this point in particular:

"Postponing the Italian fundraising campaign means for the first time in at
least 4 years, the fundraising team will not be meeting a target. The team will
pick up extra work in October to make up for work missed in September.
It's not possible to do two months of work in one month, so there will need to
be adjustments later throughout the year to make up for missing the September
target."

It was somewhat courageous for WMF Fundraising to change its schedule and
forecast missing a target as a result. Two quotes seem appropriate in the
context of this conversation, particularly regarding WMF's taking the
community's priorities into account and absorbing the risks to its plans that
come with changing to accommodate WLM:

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes
to sit down and listen." -- Winston Churchill.

"Either you decide to stay in the shallow end of the pool or you go out in the
ocean." --Christopher Reeve

Thanks Megan and all.

Pine

On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 12:29 PM, Mathias Damour <mathias.dam...@laposte.net