Andrew and I are trying some ad hoc solutions for video. Last night I watched the videos that I took with my camera that's designed more for stills than video, and the video quality is disappointing IMO. Andrew's videos are probably better because he has equipment that is purpose-built for the job. I've sent some suggestions about video internally, and hope that they'll be published on a "lessons learned" list.
Next year it seems likely that Cascadia Wikimedians will host the conference. As someone who is heavily invested in that group, I am hopeful that we'll get good quality recordings of at least a majority of the sessions in 2016. Pine On Oct 11, 2015 2:35 AM, "Anthony Cole" <[email protected]> wrote: > :o) Thanks Keegan. > > This may be far too much to ask - I don't know anything about costs and > technicalities - but will it be possible in the near future to set up a > camera and some microphones at every session in these kinds of conferences > for people whose health, finances or other commitments prevent them from > attending in person? > > On Sunday, October 11, 2015, Keegan Peterzell <[email protected]> > wrote: > > > On Sun, Oct 11, 2015 at 2:12 AM, Anthony Cole <[email protected] > > <javascript:;>> wrote: > > > > > I've been following the conference online and I congratulate the > > organisers > > > - some fascinating presentations and the videos are excellent. A link > to > > > the videos: > > > > > > http://wikiconferenceusa.org/wiki/2015/Schedule > > > > > > I recommend Stuart Ray's insightful presentation at 4 hours 36 minutes > on > > > day two (Saturday 10th), addressing Wikipedia's problematical > > relationship > > > with experts. > > > > > > > Indeed! > > > > > > > > > > > > A couple of points. > > > > > > 1) I'd love to view or listen to a recording of the 45 minute > > > panel discussion held in the Jefferson Room at 12:15 on Saturday, > > > "Journalism and the Online Information Community: How Wikimedians Cover > > > Wikimedia." Was it recorded and will it eventually be put online? > > > > > > > The only official recordings are for the main hall. I attended the > > session, I'll be more than happy to relate how it went for you (Anthony, > or > > others as needed) off-list > > > > this coming week if you like/time zones line-up. > > > > {{Nutshell|Wikipedia/Wikimedia is really complicated, and journalists > often > > take the "easy way out" for publication because of the complexity. > > Wikimedians can do better in distributing news for external publication, > > and same publications should take care to understand what is being > > reported. The Signpost needs help.}} > > > > > > -- > > ~Keegan > > > > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Keegan > > > > This is my personal email address. Everything sent from this email > address > > is in a personal capacity. > > _______________________________________________ > > Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: > > https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines > > [email protected] > > Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, > > <mailto:[email protected] <javascript:;> > > ?subject=unsubscribe> > > > > -- > Anthony Cole <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Anthonyhcole> > _______________________________________________ > Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: > https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines > [email protected] > Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, > <mailto:[email protected]?subject=unsubscribe> _______________________________________________ Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines [email protected] Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:[email protected]?subject=unsubscribe>
