There are two aspects in this situation. We have the law and we have the
enforcement. We know that most of ME countries have laws against LGBT
people and actively enforce it but for example in India even though there
is a law but it's not being enforced. On the other hand in North Carolina
(and lots of red states) we have the bathroom bill but not really enforced
(Imagine a policeman standing in every bathroom checking people's IDs) *but
*if police sees a trans person walking down the street they might arrest
him/her because of other reasons such as not having prescription
of hormone drugs (See the video) so they are enforcing an unwritten law
which is crazy and making the situation more complex.

The committee needs to take this into consideration.

Best