The sincerity and quality of communication in this thread, and is
deep-linked citations, made me grin in an outrageous week.  You are all
wonderful.

On the original subject: Interactives are increasingly satisfying to use;
hats off to those involved. No surprise they inspired this shaded
love-fest, and thanks for the active communication.

And, as there are few threads that cannot be improved with some
enthusiastic singing: Perhaps each new reply can contribute to a
karaoke-chain..
.
SJ

On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 12:52 AM, Anna Stillwell <astillw...@wikimedia.org>
wrote:

> [...]
worthwhile to
> > know that the team needs more time, and plans to share more on a scale
that
> > sounds like days-to-weeks. But if there's something specific being
asked of
> > me (or others on this list), I'm not clear on what it is.
> >

> I was just asking whether you thought it was reasonable to give them the
> time that they asked for.  It wasn't a governance question, or a
discussion
> about authority. I was just asking if those who commented, who all seemed
> to have legitimate concerns, were willing to have the team get back to
them
> with any answers that they could fairly, justly, respectfully and legally
> provide, but more likely they would talk about the future work.
>
> In my mind I've been clear and consistent: "Hey, do you guys think it is
> reasonable to give these guys some time?" But it seems like I've not made
> this point clear. Would singing it at karaoke help?
>

> > I'd be happy to chat if you come back to it at the end of Q3, if you'd
> > like.
> >

> Thanks. I'll reach out.
>

> > -Pete
> >
> > [[User:Peteforsyth]]
> >

> > On 01/25/2017 06:38 PM, Anna Stillwell wrote:
> >
> >> On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 4:53 PM, Pete Forsyth <petefors...@gmail.com>
> >> wrote:
> >>
> >> Anna,

> >> Your points are valid and well taken. If I may summarize what I think I
> >>>

> >> I appreciate that you are trying to understand what I mean. Thanks.
> >>
> >> No, I didn’t say getting things right can be hard. I said, “This
> >> communication thing is hard, especially when people are involved.
> >> Sometimes
> >> there are laws that constrain what we say. Sometimes we don’t know
whether
> >> we are right yet and we need a further unpacking of the facts. The
truth
> >> is
> >> that there can be a whole host of reasons for partial communication
that
> >> aren’t related to competence or the intent to deceive.”
> >>
> >> As for the preparations, it seems that a lot of assumptions are being
> >> made.
> >> As for thorough answers, some might already be known and others known
once
> >> more planning is completed. However, it could be that the explanations
you
> >> want are not legal to share. There are many issues where employment law
> >> and
> >> worker protections are crystal clear, as they should be.
> >>
> >> As for compassion, I don’t require it. That seems like extra to me. I
> >> usually prefer just paying attention, but that’s my personal choice.
> >>
> >> The team asked for some time. I wondered if that would be a reasonable
> >> request to grant them.
> >>
> >> If so, I agree in principle and in spirit, but I think the point is in

would

> >> excitement. I’m personally also getting quite excited about ORES
> >> <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Objective_Revision_Evaluation_Service>
> >> and
> >>
> >> what’s going on with the Community Tech Wish List, Labs, and New
Readers.

astillw...@wikimedia.org

I’ve

We

Just

> "If you have knowledge, let others light their candles in it." - Margaret
> Fuller
>
> Anna Stillwell
> Director of Culture
> Wikimedia Foundation