Actually some parties might bring EU to low standards of freedom of
expression.
For what concerns Wikimedia, I fear more lobbying about copyright related
legislation or about net neutrality than USA turning into a dictatorship.
I'm not afraid of a complete service disruption but instead of things
getting more and more complicate in a globalized World being broken up. We
rely upon a level of freedom to move people and data (mainly among the two
shorelines of the Atlantic ocean) which has no precedents in human history.
Offline backups -to renew on yearly basis- are not so expensive to be
physically sent to chapters, or at least a certain number of chapters
meeting some requirements (e.g. a physical location, some IT, etc.). It
would instead be *hard* to rebuild an infrastructure almost from the
scratch.
What puzzles me is our ability to nullify impact of end of USA safe harbor
or (possible) or, for example, Netherlands ceasing net neutrality
(currently almost impossible) or similar kind of changes in any Country,
which doesn't imply dictatorship but still will have a significantly impact
over our operations.

Vito