Thanks Kirill

In my opinion this is reasonable. We need to have criteria for what
affiliation with the movement means and what it requires from those
affiliated. If the requirements are consistently not met than removing
official affiliation until it is is simply common practice.

James

On Wednesday, February 8, 2017, Kirill Lokshin <kirill.loks...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Recognition as a Wikimedia movement affiliate — a chapter, thematic
> organization, or user group — is a privilege that allows an independent
> group to officially use the Wikimedia trademarks to further the Wikimedia
> mission. While most affiliates adhere to the basic compliance standards set
> forth in their agreements with the Wikimedia Foundation, a protocol has
> been developed to address the exceptional cases when a Wikimedia movement
> affiliate does not meet basic compliance standards and their continued
> recognition as a Wikimedia movement affiliate presents a risk to the
> Wikimedia movement.
>
> On September 9, 2016, Wikimedia Hong Kong was notified of their suspension
> as a Wikimedia affiliate due to long standing non-compliance with reporting
> requirements, and was provided with an explicit list of tasks and deadlines
> in order to return to compliance with their chapter agreement. The chapter
> failed to complete these tasks by the deadline of November 1, 2016, and was
> consequently notified that they would no longer be recognized as a
> Wikimedia chapter after the termination of their Chapter Agreement on
> February 1, 2017.
>
> If you have questions about what this means for the community members in
> Wikimedia Hong Kong’s geographic area or language scope, we have put
> together a very basic FAQ, which may be found at
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_movement_
> affiliate_de-recognition_FAQ
> .
>
> Regards,