Hello Rover,

I want to thank you and your team for so much work, and so much great work.
This decision was difficult for everyone, and I am glad to see that it has
come to a conclusion. I think it's important to know how to pause and
breathe deeply sometimes. I am looking forward to seeing more work from
Hong Kong, in an easier environement.

Best regards,

Delphine

On 8 February 2017 at 12:48, Wong Rover <ro...@wikimedia.hk> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> On behalf of WMHK, I would like to say something.
>
> Some may think it is pity that WMHK has been de-recognized. But the board
> of WMHK has actually already decided to disband the chapter.
>
> Although WMHK will cease to exist, I still hope the other chapters will
> continue to try their best in the Wikimedia movement.
>
> Regards,
> Rover Wong
> the last president of Wikimedia Hong Kong
>
> 2017年2月8日 下午7:10 於 "James Heilman" <jmh...@gmail.com> 寫道:
>
> > Thanks Kirill
> >
> > In my opinion this is reasonable. We need to have criteria for what
> > affiliation with the movement means and what it requires from those
> > affiliated. If the requirements are consistently not met than removing
> > official affiliation until it is is simply common practice.
> >
> > James
> >
> > On Wednesday, February 8, 2017, Kirill Lokshin <kirill.loks...@gmail.com
> >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi everyone,
> > >
> > > Recognition as a Wikimedia movement affiliate — a chapter, thematic
> > > organization, or user group — is a privilege that allows an independent
> > > group to officially use the Wikimedia trademarks to further the
> Wikimedia
> > > mission. While most affiliates adhere to the basic compliance standards
> > set
> > > forth in their agreements with the Wikimedia Foundation, a protocol has
> > > been developed to address the exceptional cases when a Wikimedia
> movement
> > > affiliate does not meet basic compliance standards and their continued
> > > recognition as a Wikimedia movement affiliate presents a risk to the
> > > Wikimedia movement.
> > >
> > > On September 9, 2016, Wikimedia Hong Kong was notified of their
> > suspension
> > > as a Wikimedia affiliate due to long standing non-compliance with
> > reporting
> > > requirements, and was provided with an explicit list of tasks and
> > deadlines
> > > in order to return to compliance with their chapter agreement. The
> > chapter
> > > failed to complete these tasks by the deadline of November 1, 2016, and
> > was
> > > consequently notified that they would no longer be recognized as a
> > > Wikimedia chapter after the termination of their Chapter Agreement on
> > > February 1, 2017.
> > >
> > > If you have questions about what this means for the community members
> in
> > > Wikimedia Hong Kong’s geographic area or language scope, we have put
> > > together a very basic FAQ, which may be found at
> > > https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_movement_
> > > affiliate_de-recognition_FAQ
> > > .
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Kirill Lokshin
> > > Vice-Chair, Affiliations Committee
> >

> > --
> [...]

@notafish

lost.
Intercultural musings: Ceci n'est pas une endive -
http://blog.notanendive.org
Photos with simple eyes: notaphoto - http://photo.notafish.org