That is an interesting idea! Maybe we should be working on modelling the
Bible better on Wikidata and cross-referencing it to dictionaries and all
other religious texts. If it is so important for literacy, it may help
unite efforts on labelling in Wikidata. I have no idea how many words are
used in the Bible, but hopefully it will cover a lot of basic ground in any
language.
If the 2bn falls through I bet we could ask the Vatican for a grant to
Wikidatafy the entire Catholic encyclopedia.