Yes, I mentioned something like this in one of my emails in this thread.

Every language goes through a period of creating terminology. Some
languages successfully create native words (Icelandic is a famous example),
some languages are fine with taking foreign words (um, English took a lot
from Latin, Greek and other languages), some are a mix (Russian). You can
never say "it's *impossible* to write about science in this language"; you
can, at most, say "it's *difficult* to write about science in this language
*today".

People who speak a language that had already overcome this problem must
remember that their language didn't always have this terminology. That's
one of the reasons why the resolution "just learn our language instead of
investing in your own" may be practical, but isn't very fair.

People who speak a language that hadn't yet overcome this must remember
that it's a challenge, but not a blocker. A translator who cares about
their language can overcome this with some ingenuity and resourcefulness.
(Teaser: I'm about to publish a blog post soon that talks about one
language that is doing it now with considerable success.)

http://aharoni.wordpress.com
‪“We're living in pieces,
I want to live in peace.” – T. Moore‬