Hi Pine -

Thanks for your questions. We set out to measure community appetite for
this change, knowing that it is something we share as our Movement's
identity and therefore something that needs broad support. On Meta-Wiki, we
shared our consultation metrics for assessing that support and/or
opposition [1].

In assessing the positions and comments shared during this 4 month
consultation, we noted that 38% of reviewing affiliates explicitly support
the branding proposal (almost 2x our goal of 20%). We also measured that
just 0.6% (57 people over more than 9,000 reached) of those reached during
the consultation explicitly opposed the proposal, which relates to our
benchmark that if "less than 20% oppose, we will consider the proposal to
have strong support." Hence the language used in our recommendation. We
will add the overall response metrics to Meta to document these outcomes.

Many of the reviewing parties identified things they would need to see
within a new brand system to consider it for approval and adoption. That's
what this next phase of collaboration allows!

yours,

- Zack

[1]
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Communications/Wikimedia_brands/2030_research_and_planning/project_summary#Response_KPIs

Measure community appetite

for change

20% of affiliates support

Less than 20% of informed community oppose

✓ 38% of reviewing affiliates support

✓ 0.6% of informed oppose (57 users oppose of ~9,000 reached)

Zack McCune (he/him)

Director of Brand