Hi Pine,

Personally, the reason I don't answer to WMYHTW? is that - to be honest - I
actually find it too long and visually unappealing (too many links, looks
very technical) so I read the first few lines, then I skip and go to the
next email. I really like the idea though, and when I have time, I click a
few links, but indeed it doesn't prompts me to answer because, well... it
looks more like a newsletter than an actual call for conversation.

Maybe this would have more success with a shorter format, maybe including
images directly inside text. You could also try cross-posting it to
Wikimedia Space, where engagement is less intimidating because it looks
more like social media (you can "like", comment, etc). It makes me think
about this post
<https://discuss-space.wmflabs.org/t/what-was-your-first-commons-contribution/2021>,
which triggered quite a few answers.

Hope this helps!