Hi,

to be honest, the question doesn't appeal to me. Around Wikimedia, I'm
interested in things that *interest me* and help me in my work, but
*happiness* doesn't work for me as a term, it's a too American for me ;)

Cheers
Cornelius

On Mon, 25 Nov 2019 at 09:36, Pine W <wiki.p...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello colleagues,
>
> I would like to ask for your advice about one issue with the "What's making
> you happy this week?" emails.
>
> I was hoping that people would frequently comment in the email threads
> and/or on the talk pages of WMYHTW publications in *The Signpost* to share
> what is making them happy, in the Wikiverse or elsewhere. However, comments
> are somewhat rare.
>
> I am concerned that some people may feel too intimidated to comment.
>
> I understand that communicating in public requires courage, but I believe
> that people who try to be respectful will have their comments received well
> by the community if they comment in these threads. Perfection is not a
> requirement for WMYHTW.
>
> Also, I think that public communication becomes easier with practice, and
> these threads would be good places for people who want to become more
> experienced with public communication on Wikimedia-l to practice.
>
> Is there something else that you think could be done to facilitate
> participation in WMYHTW? I would appreciate your advice and input.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Pine
> ( https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Pine )

Cornelius Kibelka
Internationale Beziehungen | International Relations
Vorstandsteam | Office of the ED

Tel. (030) 219 158 26-0
http://wikimedia.de

http://spenden.wikimedia.de/

Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer 27/029/42207