On Mon, Nov 25, 2019, 23:16 Henry Wood <henry.wood.1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >I don't know sending such emails of limited number of good
> > news cherry-picked by mostly one person all the time to hundreds of
> > wikimedians across the globe with very wide range of interests would be a
> > good idea.
>
> Leading inevitably to the question -- what postings to this list would
> be good ideas?

Well, I get lots of unrelated emails from wikimedia-l and don't mind them
while I don't like receiving uninteresting emails on regular basis from the
same person again and again. Even worse, emails that pretend to be
interesting to me (I would feel happier if I hear a good news, as a human
being) but they end up being completely uninteresting (because I just have
different interests).

Hope that answers your question.