" having a shorter list of subjects could lead to criticism about the
content being [...] too reflective of one person's preferences"
=> well, as Amir said, the content is *already* reflective of just one
person's preferences.
Also, as Cornelius said, the idea of "what makes you happy" implies a very
subjective feeling.

So it will always be just *your* view of what makes you happy, your bias.
But: making your email shorter (even going down to just 1 item per week)
would make room for others to share *their *views, creating a balance.
I hope you try the short version on this list (as I barely have time to go
through the Signpost!).

Best,