*I have a feeling
that we'll all be doing this for a long time, so we might as well try
to like each other. :-)*

Amen to that Erik :-).  Me and Srikanth, very much want webfonts to
improve, be expanded to mobile and make for an excellent UX . Thats the
reason we are persisting in testing even though at times it feels we are
butting our heads against a wall.

*It remains to
be seen whether we can get sufficient testing done via opt-in methods
and dark launches, although I'm certainly strongly encouraging
experimentation with both.*

For Tamil, we think we have evolved a suitable balance to achieve this
(apart from Siebrand's dark launch idea). A gradual - less active to more
active wikiproject launch. (explained in the original mail). We adopted
this after our first Narayam launch had to be rolled back due to bugs. It
was a bit time consuming and took longer, but was iterative and extremely
satisfactory