For StarOS we use MRTG and Starutil. You should be able to graph anything
that Starutil can provide.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of John Scrivner
Sent: 03 November 2005 17:33
To: wireless@wispa.org
Subject: [WISPA] Tracking Signal / Noise / Resends / Etc.

I am starting to feel the pains of trying to accurately trace problems
in a network that is getting increasingly larger all the time. We have
roughly 20 tower locations now. We have a pretty good picture of what we
are getting for bandwidth use through our MRTG graphs. We can see when
any link completely drops thanks to our What's Up monitoring. We can
easily track and isolate peer to peer abuse and such with traffic
analysis tools in Star OS and Mikrotik as needed.

What we need though is a way to track the other parameters of our
network over time. It would be invaluable to me to be able to look over
historical records from a hour long window up to a year long window for
link integrity information. What I mean is this. I would like to see how
a signal level, noise level, number of retransmits, etc. changes over
time in a graph format like MRTG does with bits in and out. It would be
nice to add other parameters as needed. I know SNMP is supposed to be
able to do this but I do not have the slightest bit of experience using
that. Is there anyone out there who knows an easy way of getting a
rudimentary level of understanding about using SNMP to extract data such
as this? Maybe someone has a package they use that provides this
information on your network? If any WISPs out there have any answers to
this please respond on this list. If you are a vendor and your product
can do specifically what I am asking for above then I am sure we would
like to hear about that too. Maybe if a few of us buy your products you
will consider buying a vendor membership to WISPA also.    :-)
Thanks guys,
Scriv