I can't say enough about the guys at Imagestream. I'm a proud customer, host their servers and have put my business in their hands on more times than I have things to count them on. I've never had an issue they did not stop all other work to figure out and get tweaked. We have just installed on of their Rebel Routers in a shack at the base of the tower which feeds them their internet. Scott, Josh and Eric are working on doing some hard core QOS to run across my PTP link and having the added ability to do the QOS and P2P tweaking before the packets hit the PTP link has resulted in much better performance. Just the P2P work they have done has saved me a lot of problems and bandwidth. To say the staff are friends is an understatement. Having them on my wireless is also a big benefit to other WISP's as they have felt the pain first hand of many of the problems we all encounter from time to time.... a tower down due to massive ice loading, twice I've lost the AP on that tower to storm damage and the last issue was my PTP link going dead. Not only do I trust them but I rely on them and they have not failed me in any way over the last 5 years.

Tom Andrews
"Stuart Pierce fan club member"

----- Original Message ----- From: "Marlon K. Schafer (509) 982-2181" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Friday, December 09, 2005 10:30
Subject: Re: [WISPA] P2P & Worm Monitoring/Alerting/Control

Like the others that have spoken up here we use MT. Butch does all of the work on it for us as I'm no router guy. Great stuff.

The only problem is that there is basically no factory support. And Butch has a real job too. grin

I've been sending my consulting customers to www.imagestream.com mostly. For about the same price that mt wants per MONTH for direct support you can get a full year of service. And when we buy the units from them they come with hardware and software support, pre programmed and with the firewalls all set up and ready to go. Great people, I've met a few of the guys from there eyeball to eyeball.

I LOVE my MT boxes and the gui is great. The lack of support is a deal breaker for me though. I'm stuck with them now but starting over I'd probably use something else.

If you have the pc's already laying around it's a far cheaper option though. Even after paying the devil (Butch) his due to make it work right. (just funnin with Butch here guys, he's THE man and should be charging more than he does, he's that good)

Hope that helps!

Marlon
64.146.146.12 (net meeting)
www.odessaoffice.com/wireless