All,

Unfortunately as Peter pointed out in a previous conversation about this most broadband
consumers do not even know what they have for a connection.

We won't even talk about the difference between the technologies used.

As quoted from the report;

Although speed matters for broadband users, few know exactly what connection
speed they have at home; 17% said they knew their home connection speed, while
81% acknowledged ignorance.

Recently announced, AT& T has stepped up their advertising campaign.
http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/-att-reaches-out-potential-customers-with-flurry-ads-/2006/05/25/1660118.htm

Regards,
Dawn DiPietro

Jack Unger wrote:

Hopefully, the 8% (6,000,000) figure includes ONLY end-users who use wireless broadband to get to/from their home and NOT the end-users who have a copper/fiber-based (cable/telco) broadband connection to their home and then use a Wi-Fi router/access point that provides the "final 50-ft" connection wirelessly.

There's so much sloppy and innacurate "journalism" these days that I need reassurance that the article means what it appears to be saying.

If there are 6,000,000 end-users and if there are 5000 WISPs then each WISP would, on average, have 1,200 subscribers. I'm not sure that this passes the "sniff" test.
                          jack

John Scrivner wrote:

Check this out from the Pew report. It appears that fixed wireless is much bigger than what even I thought. According to this report 8% of all broadband connections in the US are delivered via fixed broadband wireless. That means you guys! Woo Hoo!
Scriv

---
---