John, Testing by Alvarion engineers has been done. Saying that a radio has
an aggregate throughput of 14 meg's for voip is not really applicable. Small
packets through the radio can bring most systems to their knees. Brad

-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Langeler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 16, 2006 3:21 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] OT: about 70Mbps for under $6K

Patrick, my string-and-can wifi asterisk ap does more than 10 calls!
:-)    Honestly, 288 G711 calls is probably more towards the high end.
Whether you would like to realize it or not, canopy has come a ways over
the years. If you consult with your engineers I'm sure you'll conclude
that a Canopy AP/SU(14Mbps aggregate) could do a LOT more than 10 calls...

Jon Langeler
Michwave Tech.

viruses(192).

********