Buy a portable ATM machine, connect your wireless to it, work a deal with
the fair people, and make money off the thousands who visit the fair that
week that don't have cash on hand.
We do the same thing you do, we're just not as fancy, kids don't come
around.

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 8:28 AM, Steve Barnes <st...@pcswin.com> wrote:

> Being a very Rural WISP 90% of my clients and potential clients will attend
> the local County 4-H fair.  For years I have had a booth in the commercial
> building.  I setup a really sharp booth (trade-show type) and a fancy
> computer that I sell in my shop and 2 small systems as WIFI demo units.
>
> What I end up with is from 12 noon to 9:00 in the evening I have to have
> staff there to baby sit the 4-H kids who are board and want to sit and play
> on YouTube, Facebook, and MySpace. The last 2 years we have not sold a
> single computer, and have setup few wireless clients.
>
> It is great PR.  People ask questions when they can get to you through all
> the Kids.
>
> Anyone else do anything like this.  What do you do.  Is there a good Kiosk
> system that you can put up to help people get info.  I need a better plan
> that I don't have to baby sit 9 hours a day. I don't have the time to do
> this myself this year (have my own kids in 4-H with horses and other
> animals).
>
> Any Ideas.
>
> Steve Barnes
> RCWiFi Wireless Internet Service

John M. McDowell
Boonlink Communications
307 Grand Ave NW
Fort Payne, AL 35967
256.844.9932
j...@boonlink.com
www.boonlink.com

you may not use, copy, re-transmit, or disclose to anyone the message or any
information contained in the message. If you have received the message in
error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail j...@boonlink.com, and
delete the message. E-mail communication is highly susceptible to spoofing,
spamming, and other tampering, some of which may be harmful to your
computer. If you are concerned about the authenticity of the message or the
source, please contact the sender directly.