The cellular guys don't charge by the minute... I have an unlimited plan on my cell phone. I can also get unlimited text and internet access for $9.95/mo extra.

People don't want to guess what their internet bills are going to be from month to month. Would you want that at your own home?

Travis
Microserv

Gary Garrett wrote:
You sound like the cell phone company.
I am convinced the big failure in my business model is I charge by the
month while the cellular guys charge by the minute.

Travis Johnson wrote:

Hi,

You are talking about having to add additional resources (radius, etc.)
to track it. Then you have to bill it. Then you get to deal with the
phone calls from users that say "My computer wasn't even turned on
during those times. Remove the charge or I will go elsewhere."  So, even
that one extra phone call costs you money (because you have to think
about scaling). Imagine if you have 100x the number of customers you
have now... does the same solution work? Probably not.

The easier solution would be to call that customer and get them to
upgrade to the next plan up (which would provide higher speed as well).
This works very well for us... and then I have that guaranteed extra
income each month, even if they don't use it.