less than 1 in 50 know what they are doing.

About 1 in 5 THINKS they do!

On 4/27/2012 12:54 PM, Al Stewart wrote:
Been following this thread ... seems like you guys assume that ALL your customers, and ALL users of internet are total idiots with crappy equipment. Surely there are some who have decent equipment and know what they are doing. :-)

Al

------ At 12:53 PM 4/27/2012 -0400, Andy Trimmell wrote: -------

You really think customers listen? I had a lady blame us for lightning hitting her TV. People are going to blame you regardless of how much money you lose on them. We also keep routers separate of our responsibility. We do require our customers to have one at the time of the installation and we set it up for them. We explain that our responsibility starts at the little white/black box (injector) includes the cable and the unit on the roof. Anything else is their problem.

We have a nifty screen that pops up when their router is on DHCP letting them know that they're "internet is working great! But oops! Your router has lost its configuration" "here's the instructions in this pdf or you can call us for a $30 router setup." "you're also welcome to bring in the router for us to configure free of charge."

*From:* wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] *On Behalf Of *Darin Steffl
*Sent:* Thursday, April 26, 2012 9:43 PM
*To:* WISPA General List
*Subject:* Re: [WISPA] Customer Routers

They should have no reason to do that and if they do, they're only causing problems for themselves with double or triple NAT. I make it clear when I install that the router I give them is the only router they can use and I will fix/replace it free of charge if THEY don't break it. If they cause an issue with my equipment or by adding another router and they expect me to fix it, there will be a charge. If they follow my instructions, they will be taken care of. On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 6:08 PM, Justin Wilson <li...@mtin.net <mailto:li...@mtin.net>> wrote: How do you handle the customers who then put a link sys behind your provided router?