Hope Stewart wrote:

I was present for Tantek's talk and I thought he said <address> was used
only for information about the author

Which holds true if the <address> is used to mark up:

- the contact information for the current site (e.g. if it's a corporate site and you're giving the company's contact details) - if it's something like a directory listing where each member gets their own little page, the contact details for that particular member

So, the thread starter should give some info on what he's trying to mark up, exactly.

--
Patrick H. Lauke
http://redux.deviantart.com